The January transfer window might seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumour mill has shut down! Speculation over summer moves is heating up, so check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.
TOP STORY: Mourinho looking to make Sanches first Roma signing
Jose Mourinho will take charge at Roma in the summer and is keen to bring former FIFA Golden Boy Renato Sanches to the Estadio Olimpico, Corriere dello Sport reports.
Sanches, 23, has been a stalwart in Lille’s French Ligue 1 title challenge after unsuccessful spells with Bayern Munich and Swansea City. Les Dogues are now just two games away from their first championship since 2010, but success could come at a price — with a number of Lille’s key players attracting interest from around Europe.
Corriere dello Sport claims that a deal for the midfielder hinges on Roma making other moves first, with the Italian club requiring to fund potential moves through player departures.
However, Sanches’ versatility could make him a key part of Mourinho’s plans, with the Portugal international impressing both in central midfield and out wide with Lille.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
– ESPN+ viewers guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more
12.23 BST: Besiktas striker Cyle Larin is being linked to Tottenham by 90min.
Larin, 26, is approaching the final year of his contract and had attracted interest from West Ham in the past. But the report says Tottenham will turn their attention to the Canada international as they won’t be keeping Benfica loanee Carlos Vinicius.
11.55 BST: Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard is on Leicester’s list of summer targets and the Daily Record says the club are ready to make a move.
Edouard, 23, has scored 20 goals in 37 games for the club this season and Leicester are keen to pair him with Jamie Vardy and Kelechi Iheanacho.
11.10 BST: ICYMI – Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar has signed a four-year contract extension, the club announced on Saturday.
“I’m very happy, very happy to be extending my contract with Paris until 2025,” he said. “The truth is that I’m very happy to be staying here for four more years, to be a part of the club’s project, to try and win titles, to try and achieve our biggest dream which is the Champions League. So I’m happy to be staying at the club, to be a part of it and to be extending my contract.”
Neymar, 29, joined PSG in 2017 from La Liga side Barcelona for a record transfer fee of €222m. He said he wanted to leave PSG in 2019 amid reports that he wanted to return to Barcelona, but eventually stayed before the club reached the Champions League final last season.
“The first factor is happiness. The joy of being part of this squad, of the team, of Paris Saint-Germain, the club,” Neymar added. “And then, of course, the affinity I have with the club, with the work, with the players that are in the squad today, with a great coach who will certainly help us even more. These things make you believe in the project even more.”
10.42 BST: From last night, Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho isn’t giving much away about his future.
Jadon Sancho says he is happy at Borussia Dortmund, but is unsure about where his future lies.
09.50 BST: Ajax star Ryan Gravenberch is on the radar of Barcelona, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Gravenberch, 18, has become one of the top young midfielders in Europe and has been linked to a number of clubs including Manchester United and Juventus. Barcelona tried to sign him as a 15-year-old but failed and are now looking to have another go.
The Netherlands international won’t come cheap though, which could prove an issue for cash-strapped Barca, as his contract is valued at over €50m.
09.02 BST: Last month, sources told ESPN that Manchester United were growing increasingly confident that Edinson Cavani will stay at the club for another season following productive talks with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Now The Sun reports that the 34-year-old striker is set for a £50,000-a-week pay rise, putting him on £250,000-a-week.
Cavani has scored 14 goals in 34 games for the club since arriving on a free transfer from PSG in the summer. United have an option to add a further 12 months to the one-season deal he signed, but it can only be triggered if the striker approves.
Wanted by Boca Juniors, Cavani looked set to leave Old Trafford this summer after growing disillusioned with life in England. But a source close to the Uruguay international has told ESPN he is now leaning towards remaining at United.
08.30 BST: Juventus boss Andrea Pirlo said United States midfielder Weston McKennie is more “professional” compared to when he first arrived.
McKennie has enjoyed a productive season on a personal level despite Juve’s domestic difficulties with 41 appearances in all competitions since moving from Schalke 04 in a loan move which was made permanent in March. But Pirlo said the 22-year-old has had issues off the pitch which affected his ability to reach his full potential at the club so far.
“He has a chance of starting,” Pirlo told a news conference ahead of Juve’s crucial clash with Champions League qualification rivals AC Milan (live on ESPN+ at 2.45 p.m. ET on Sunday) of McKennie.
“He has lost weight and that’s something we had to drill into his mindset. Now he is concentrated and more professional compared to when he arrived. He has to be professional at 100%, not 50%.”
Mark Ogden contemplates Paul Pogba’s best position for Man United as questions surrounding his future continue.
PAPER TALK (By Adam Brown)
– The Daily Mail reports that Manchester United are facing competition for the signature of Ghanaian winger, Kamaldeen Sulemana. The 19-year-old has been attracting interest after a run of good form last month which produced five goals in as many matches for Danish side FC Nordsjaelland. Reports claim that Ajax have rejoined the race after having a £10m bid rejected in January for the player dubbed as Ghana’s best prospect since Michael Essien.
– Chelsea are reportedly head of the queue for Tottenham’s Harry Kane, according to Football Insider. The 27-year-old striker is a top target for the Blues this summer, having scored 21 goals and added 13 assists this season, but faces a decision on his future given Tottenham are likely to miss out on the top four.
– Juventus centre-back Matthijs de Ligt will not be moving this summer, Tuttosport claims. Chelsea and Barcelona have reportedly made offers for the Dutch defender, but Juve have no plans to sell the highly rated 21-year-old.
– Everton could swoop for Fulham midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa once the Cottagers are relegated, the Mirror understands. Carlo Ancelotti is reportedly keen on the 25-year-old, who has impressed at the second attempt in the Premier League and is valued at £25m.
– Stuttgart are keen to extend Konstantinos Mavropanos’ loan spell from Arsenal, Kicker has learned. The outlet reports that Stuttgart’s sporting director is already in talks with the Gunners to keep the Greek centre-back for another season. The 23-year-old has impressed in the Bundesliga, turning out 20 times for them.