The January transfer window might seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumour mill has shut down! Speculation over summer moves is heating up, so check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.
TOP STORY: Barca want Morata to bolster attack
Alvaro Morata is the latest player to be linked with a move to the Camp Nou, with Foot Mercato reporting that Barcelona have set their sights on the No. 9 who has spent the last season on loan at Juventus from Atletico Madrid.
The French outlet claims that Juventus are unable to activate the clause of €45 million to make Morata’s move permanent, which means the 28-year-old will return to Spain after registering 18 goals and 10 assists for the Italian club.
This leaves the door open for Barca, who are already looking to overhaul their attack with deals close for Sergio Aguero. Sources informed ESPN’s Moises Llorens earlier regarding the Aguero deal, and that news now looks to be confirmed this evening with Fabrizio Romano claiming that an agreement has been reached on a contract that will see the Manchester City forward join on a two-year deal.
The Italian journalist also reported that Barcelona will make an official offer to Memphis Depay. The Lyon forward has been linked with the Spanish club throughout the year while maintaining good form in the Ligue 1, scoring 20 goals in 32 starts.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
– ESPN+ viewer’s guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more
– Barcelona are looking to recapture Adrian Bernabe, who left the Spanish club to join Manchester City in 2018, according to Mundo Deportivo. The 19-year-old midfielder, who can also play left-back, is set to be out of contract in the summer and could join Eric Garcia who has also been rumoured with a return to La Liga.
– The race for Carney Chukwuemeka is heating up with a number of clubs interested in the Aston Villa prospect. Bild reports that Borussia Dortmund are amongst the clubs monitoring the situation of the 17-year-old, who made his Premier League debut on Wednesday against Tottenham Hotspur, with the belief that he can follow in the footsteps of Jude Bellingham.
– Another from Fabrizio Romano here, who claims that Lyon centre-back Joachim Andersen is receiving interest regarding a potential transfer back to the Premier League. The Denmark defender spent the last season on loan at Fulham and is reported to want to stay in the England’s top flight, with Spurs at the front of the line to secure the services of the 24-year-old.
– Leeds United are reportedly looking to add another Brazilian to their ranks with Matheus Cunha of Hertha Berlin hot on Marcelo Bielsa’s radar. That’s according to Kicker, which reports that the English club have intensified their pursuit for 21-year-old attacker. Cunha predominantly plays on the left-hand side, which could see him lining up on the opposite flank to Raphinha who joined at Elland Road in October.
– Arsenal’s shortlist of attacking midfielders is growing stronger with Dortmund’s Julian Brandt the latest candidate to replace Martin Odegaard. Kicker claims that the North London club are still very much interested in the 25-year-old Germany international, though the Dortmund hierarchy could demand a notable fee with the attacking midfielder contracted until 2024.
– Everton would be prepared to part ways with Moise Kean for a fee in the region of €45m, the Here We Go podcast has revealed. The Italian attacker has spent the last season on loan at Paris Saint-Germain after struggling to get game time in the Premier League, but could remain in France with the Paris club interested after the forward scored 17 goals during his spell.